Friday, June 24, 2011

Ayah's AP Biology Scavenger Hunt Photos






Picture #1: This first picture I have shows a leaf, and what I meant to show was the cuticle layer of a plant. The cuticle layer of a plant is the first layer of any leaf and it is a kind of waxy covering that protects the plant of many things like UV rays of the sun or prevents the plant from drying.
Picture #2: This next picture is of an autotroph (also called producers). An autotroph is an organism that produces energy from non organic molecules such as sunlight. An example of an autotroph is a plant because it produces energy for itself through photosynthesis. Plants use water and sunlight to produce glucose.


Picture #3: The thirs picture I took shows a leave named a frond. A frond is like a big leaf divided into little leaves. Ferns are plants that do have, mostly, fronds.


Picture #4: This picture I took next was a suppossed to be an example of a heterotroph. A heterotroph is an organism that consumes another organism to get its energy. An example of a heterotroph is fungi.Picture #5: The last picture I took was suppossed to be show seed dispersal by wind, but it was very difficult to take a picture demonstrating it. A plant has many ways of making new plants. One way is spreading its seeds everywhere by either water, wind, or animals. In this case, I chose a plant that usually uses seed dispersal by wind.



















































































2 comments:

  1. Hope you don't mind - I changed the title of the post. Now whenever you want to add more pictures, just add to this post instead of making a whole new post each time.

    ReplyDelete