It’s time to finish up the book and give us your final thoughts!
1. What did you think of the book as a whole?
2. What do you think of viruses? Are you scared of viruses now?
3. Tell us a few things you learned from the book.
4. Tell us what questions you still have.
Post your reply as a COMMENT on this page — NOT as a new POST.
Comments due by Friday, August 12, 2011.
The last part of the book was by far the most interesting part and im so sad its done! I absolutely loved how the author, Preston, explored the cave and how he was giving his account instead of others . I thought this was very courages act he took on and I liked reading his account better than the others. Also, the precautions he took were well thought out becasue previously many occurence have happened when people did not take safety precaution and chaos STRUCK. However, I was proud of the fact that Preston explored the cave becasue I would be terrified to enter the place where it all started!( i still dont understand did the virus originate form the kitum cave. If so, why didnt preston get infected if he explored the cave?)
ReplyDeleteThis section of the book made me have a different perspective about the world. For instance, how we as humans might be parasites on earth becasue we destroy the earth every single day and the earth is fighting back with viruses like aids and hiv to kill of the human population. I was literally reading the part of the book and was in shock when I found out the information about earth and its response towards the population.( Its so fascination yet scary. ) I would like to say thank goodness that the ebola and marybug took place before and not now becasue I would be so SCARED! But we still have lots of virused to be scared of and the worst thing about them is you cant see them. So they kill you when you least expect it! The facts that I learned fromt the book was the awesome elephant behavior and the viruses could have been prevented if they didnt have a mass transportion road: one road liked to all the villages so if you pass by your likely to get infected! scary.. Not only did I learn facts but the book but it motivated me to go abroad to africa and help the villagers and the community. I think it would be fun and the author described africa very beautifully :)