Friday, July 29, 2011

The Hot Zone (Part 3)

So, you should have completed 3/4 of the book, The Hot Zone, by now. If you haven’t, then it’s time to lock yourself in your room and read. I promise you, it’s a great read!! Don’t forget: It’s a TRUE story!!

It’s time to give us feedback:

1. Tell us what you thought about this section of the book.

2. Tell us a few things you learned from the book so far.

3. Tell us what questions you have so far.

Post your reply as a COMMENT on this page — NOT as a new POST.

Comments are due by Friday, July 29.

In two weeks we’ll expect you to blog about the whole book, so keep at it!

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit the Hot Zone part 3 is the most exciting but stressfull part of the book.Therefore, I ABSOLUTELy love it. While reading this part I was literally biting my nail which i never do! i was totally confounded at the part of exterminating the rest of the monkeys so humans dont get infected from the virus. POOR monkeys :( i was so sad. BUT then realizing that the strain was harmeless! TERRIBLE i tell you.
    Now I was hoping this part of the book was going to get better for the jaaxes but when she couldnt even visit her dying father becasue of the virus was devastating. ALthough, i have to admit Nancy has so much courage and strength to work with the hot zone, becasue even with the slightest tear inthe suit the hot zone can ifect oyu within seconds.. SCARY! especially the part with rhonda williams and her tear casue d so much tension.. Did the virus go through her suit?? thankfully there was to much pressure in the suit which saved her life.
    also, the thing i found intresting was the bacterium that is harmless but difficult to kill! who knows how many harmless bacteria lurks arond us..
    THE BIGGEST QUESTION I HAVE IS whats is the difference between the ebola reston different from mary bug and ebola zaire? how does it not make human sick?
    I have to give the hot zone scientist lots of thanks and props for working with the monkeys and virus becasue i know i would be terribly scared and if it wasnt without them we would probably still live witht he virus.
    Lastly, im looking forward towards the last chapter becasue of its title " kitum cave". Atlast my question will be answered aboutt he ebola outbreak : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hot zone part 3 is the most exciting but stressful part of the book. Which i absolutely love about it. In this part I was actually biting my nails which i never do! So much tension when Rhonda Williams had the tear in her suit. pheww, thank goodnes for the pressure inthe suit which saved her life! Also, i could not believe the part of exterminating all the monkeys so they dont harm the humans. I was so sad! especially when they realized the strands were harmeless.. it was devastating.
    In part 3, i though it was going to get better for the Jaaxes but it just was depressing how she could not see her dying father becasue of the virus. Although, Nancy had some obstacles in her life keeping her away fromt he hot zone but she still went in and became quiet good. Nancy jaxxe is one courageous woman : )
    I have a major question what is the difference between ebola reston than ebola zaire,ebola sudan and marybug? why does this one not affect humans but all the other do! one fascinating thing was how they come up with these virus names and that one baterium that is harmless but is diffucult to kill scares me! How many bactria do we have lurking around us... yes alot!
    I can not wait to read part four titled "kitum cave". Atlast my question will be answered of the ebola breakout and creation! yay! THIS IS MY SECOND TIME POSTING IT! IT WAS THERE AFTER I PRESSED POST! but when i went back to the web it wasnt there..

    ReplyDelete